Plant Manager with an Environmental background required for a leading Civil Engineering Contractor. The successful applicant will be required to manage wastewater treatment plants across Laois and Kilkenny areas.
- Report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Responsibility for several wastewater treatment plants including all logistical, contractual, financial, commercial, and technical aspects of the projects with a focus on safely delivering first-class results.
- Work strategically with the Operations Manager and Directors to improve the efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Contribute to the leadership team in terms of the company’s strategy, growth and business plan.
- Managing delegated projects and assisting where required with additional works.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract for all assigned projects.
- Develop designated parts of the business in line with an agreed business plan.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and liaising closely with management and departments during the execution of the project and timely and accurate reporting.
- Managing procurement within defined budgets and project completion programme.
- Ensuring that all governance is in place and adhered to.
- Thorough monitoring and control of delegated project portfolio
- Manage working capital.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial information, in particular monthly Client Reports, Internal Management Reports, and budgets / forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and contract claims
- Optimise the plant operation whilst minimising any risk or exposure to the Company.
- Anticipate and effectively manage risks and opportunities.
- Apply procedures in place related to contract execution.
- Liaise with H&S Manager to ensure that all H&S requirements are satisfied.
- Manage, and direct a team of operatives both on and off site to ensure that they are motivated and fully understand what is expected of them. Within this duty, where possible and appropriate, work should be delegated whilst control is always maintained.
- 3+ years relevant post qualification experience
- Leadership and Management experience.
- Experience within the water or wastewater industry
- An appropriate engineering and management qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in the management of water / wastewater treatment plants
- Salary €50k-€70k
- Excellent benefits package
If you are a Plant Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.