A tier 1 M&E contractor is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Quantity Surveyor for projects based in Galway City. This contractor works on multiple projects across multiple sectors including: Commercial, Heavy Industrial, Life Science & Technology, Data Centre and Semi-Conductor. They also invest heavily in training and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to construction team.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to management.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, dayworks or claims.
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- The successful Mechanical Quantity Surveyor will manage and forecast the turnover and cash flow of the projects.
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme / Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Academically (Degree) qualified in either Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or Engineering
- Ideally 6+ years’ experience in a Mechanical Quantity Surveying role in a Construction/Engineering business
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Previous experience working on mechanical value projects in-excess of €5million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Salary circa €70 – €80K
- 21 days annual leave
- Expenses Covered
- Strong benefits package available on application.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion 0860351825. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.