Mechanical Project Engineer – 14224
Mechanical Project Engineer required to work for a leading Mechanical Engineering contractor to work on a Pharmaceutical project in Dublin. The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will report into the Senior Project Engineer and will also have a clear and structured career progression plan which will enable them to progress into senior engineering and project management roles in the future should they wish to do so.
- Multiple Pharmaceutical Plants – €30M – €50M
- Semi-Conductor facility – €10M – €60M
- Onsite co-ordination between Mechanical and other disciplines.
- Resolving engineering queries in the field.
- Supervise area engineers who will be managing specific construction areas.
- Prioritising off-site pipe and pipe design fabrication to follow construction schedule.
- Work with the construction manager to monitor the construction schedule.
- Weekly progress reporting to client and Project Manager.
- Weekly variation reporting (Gathering this information from the area engineers to give it to the cost engineer).
- Familiarise with scope of contract to monitor possible or potential variation work on site.
- Ensure supply equipment is ordered as required.
- Onsite co-ordination between Consultant and Contractor.
- Co-ordination of project activity in conjunction with the offsite fabrication team.
- Attend weekly progress meetings.
- Safety audits and monitoring safety performance on site.
- Working with QA lead to ensure piping systems are handover to client on schedule.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer is essential.
- Degree or Diploma in Building Services/Mechanical Engineering.
- Be flexible to travel in Ireland and Europe when required.
- Knowledge of piping isometrics and P&IDs is essential.
- Experience working on large scale pharmaceutical projects is beneficial.
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members to complete tasks.
Salary & Benefits:
- €48,000 to €58,000 – DOE
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted Healthcare
- Continuous development program
- Expenses and accommodation paid for during any travel
If you are a Mechanical Project Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.