Mechanical Engineer (Senior) – 13819
A leading M&E Contractor are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer for a project in Kildare on a full-time permanent basis. The successful Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all mechanical activities and will report into the project manager. This role would suit Senior Mechanical Engineer who has aspirations of becoming a project manager in 3-4 years.
Please call Joe Newman on 086 075 7193 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Assist with planning and coordination of all mechanical services.
- Extensive involvement in process piping on Pharmaceutical projects.
- Document Control including working drawings, technical submittals, schedules, QA packs etc.
- Assist management with the full lifecycle of the project.
- Assist with the production and coordination of drawings through CAD/BIM.
- Liaise with both the QA/QC department and the commissioning department to ensure mechanical systems are installed to spec and are phased and managed smoothly.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients, sub-contractors, client project management and other stakeholders.
- Manage mechanical equipment and plant requirements.
- Reviewing mechanical packages prior to orders being placed, paying special attention to cost implications, safety, and time constraints.
- Vendor and sub-contractor management on site.
- Mentor Junior Engineers working on the projects.
Qualifications / Skills
- An degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6+ years’ experience within the Irish market in a Mechanical Engineering role.
- Experience in process piping on Pharmaceutical projects is essential.
- Flexibility to work in Dublin and Europe when required.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Salary €70,000 to €80,000 DOE
- Clear progression opportunities into a project management role within 3 years.
- Discretionary bonus’ on projects completion
- Accommodation and expenses covered when traveling
If you are a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.