Mechanical Engineer (Senior) – Job Ref: 13471
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer (Senior) to join a leading, highly respected, multidisciplinary global engineering consultancy. This company has a strong reputation for rewarding their staff & offer excellent career progression.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will lead and support mid – large projects from concept through to handover and will work on a broad range of exciting building projects, some of which are listed below.
- Commercial – €25M+
- Industrial (Labs / Cleanrooms) – €30M+
- Healthcare – €15M+
- Retail – €35M+
- Leisure – €25M to €80M
- Educational – €10M
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents through the RIBA / project stages.
- Manage the mechanical design delivery of projects from concept through to completion.
- Attend project and Client meetings.
- Prepare planning, design and feasibility reports.
- Ensure that project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Programme.
- Understand and implement the clients Quality Management Policy, including performing QA checks on projects.
- Be familiar with BIM standards and BIM project delivery.
- Understand and implement the clients Safety Health and Environment Policy.
- Communicate effectively with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design team members.
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients.
- Develop and mentor junior / graduate members of staff.
- A Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have minimum 5 years experience in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services design, including areas such as developing detailed design drawings and calculations, specification writing and compiling technical schedules.
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Commercial, Education and Residential projects.
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
- A track record of having delivered low energy, sustainable designs.
- Excellent knowledge of Part L of the Building Regulations, including Part L compliance calculations.
- Proficiency in IES / Hevacomp is preferred and working knowledge of REVIT / CAD is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential.
- Working towards or achieved a professional chartered status.
- Be familiar with Irish Building Regulations.
- €55,000 to €65,000 – dependent on experience
- 25 days AL + 2 paid CSR days
- Pension up to 6% matching
- Healthcare & life assurance
- Laptop & Phone
- Excellent career progression and in-house training
- Flexible re remote working
- Tax saver & bike to work scheme
If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Joe Newman today. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.