Mechanical Engineer (Senior) – Job Ref: 12828
Mechanical Engineer (Senior) is needed to join a well-established and quality focused engineering mechanical and electrical consultancy who are looking to grow their Dublin office. The successful Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for continuous business development and managing a team of engineers on a range of projects, some of which are detailed below.
Please contact Jennie Hoare for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Mixed-Use Developments – €35M to 160M
- Commercial – €160M
- Student Accommodation – €30M to €180M
- Residential – €10M to €150M
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will lead and manage the full Mechanical Design on projects of all sizes demonstrating Client care at all times.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above- ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards as well as Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to lead projects internally and externally and be responsible for project performances, including satisfied clients, profitable projects, and maintaining the company’s reputation to enable repeat work.
- Experience in or desire to be involved in business development of the Dublin office.
- Experience or ability to win new work/clients and excellent Commercial Awareness are key elements to the role.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will hold a minimum degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartership desirable.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will have 7-12+ years building services consultancy design experience.
- Expert user of Microsoft office.
- BIM experience advantageous.
- Strong experience with business development a distinct advantage.
- Experience with thermal modelling, energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous.
- €65,000 to €75,000 – dependent on experience
- 22 days annual leave
- Flexi-time & time in-lieu
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent Career Progression
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
- Cycle to work
- Tax Saver Travel Card
If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Jennie Hoare. We will not send your CV to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.