Mechanical Engineer – Job Ref: 13396
Mechanical Engineer needed to join an multi award winning mechanical and electrical consultancy in their Galway office. The successful Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for of a range of projects, some of which are detailed below.
Please call Jennie Hoare on for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Data Centres
- High Tech
- The successful Mechanical Engineer will take responsibility for definable parts of project – may include full responsibility on smaller projects
- Take responsibility for elements of work which may include supervision of other staff
- Champions the QA system
- Carry out Audits of other projects under the QA system
- Manage upkeep of project design file
- Deliver on time in an organised way
- Balance demands, cope well with interruptions and switches well between tasks
- Some client & liaison and Design Team exposure
- Deal with onsite issues – Contractors and Vendors
- Promote positive message internally and externally
- Honours Degree in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- The successful Mechanical Engineer should have minimum 3+ years’ post graduate design experience within an engineering consultancy.
- Ideally working towards a professional qualification.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills – Revit skills a distinct advantage.
- Position requires strong knowledge of mechanical design and engineering techniques.
- Knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Experience in working as part of a team
- Work under limited supervision
Salary & Benefits:
- €40,000 – €50,000 – Depending on Experience
- Your own company laptop
- Membership of Company Healthcare Scheme
- Out of pocket expenses
- Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
- Heavily subsidised gym membership
- Regular training / mentoring
- Further college support, as agreed with the company, if you pursue further education
- Support for chartership
- A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company once work related
- 20 annual leave days per annum plus 9 days for Statutory Holidays.
- Heavy subsidised social committee
If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking for your next career move, please call Jennie Hoare. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.