Mechanical Project Engineer required to work for a leading Mechanical Engineering contractor to work on their projects in Dublin. This company are process and high purity piping specialists and have multiple projects in Ireland and Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for work a range of projects, some of which are detailed below. This company also strongly supports continuous career progression plans for all of their Engineers into Senior Engineering and Project Management roles.
- Multiple Pharmaceutical Plants – €30M – €50M
- Semi-Conductor facility – €10M – €60M
- Onsite co-ordination between Mechanical and other Disciplines.
- Resolving engineering queries in the field.
- Supervise area engineers who will be managing specific construction areas.
- Prioritising off-site pipe and pipe design fabrication to follow construction schedule.
- Work with construction manager to monitor the construction schedule.
- Weekly Progress reporting to client and Project Manager.
- Weekly Variation reporting (Gathering this info from the area engineers to give it to Cost engineer).
- Familiarise with scope of contract to monitor possible or potential variation work on site.
- Ensure supply equipment is ordered as required.
- Onsite co-ordination between Consultant and Contractor.
- Co-ordination of project activity in conjunction with the offsite fabrication team.
- Attend weekly progress meetings.
- Safety audits and monitoring safety performance on site.
- Working with QA lead to ensure piping systems are handover to client on schedule
- 3+ years’ experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer essential.
- Degree or Diploma in Building Services/Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working on large scale pharmaceutical projects is beneficial.
- Based out of Cork primarily but be flexible to travel in Ireland and Europe when required.
- Knowledge of piping isometrics and P&IDs is essential.
- Flexibility to visit sites outside of Dublin (Cork and Europe) would be desirable.
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members to complete tasks.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary €50,000 to €60,000 – DOE
- Discretionary bonus
- 21 days paid annual leave
- Discounted Healthcare
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Expenses and accommodation paid for during any travel
If you are a Mechanical Project Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.