Maintenance Electrician required for Ireland’s number one service and maintenance provider to the water and wastewater sector. The maintenance electrician will provide expertise on all electrical systems, and problem solving/fault finding of electrical systems & equipment throughout the site to secure the continuous operation of the site. This will be a permanent full-time position based in Ringsend, Dublin.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical components, panels and systems
- Install and maintain industrial communication systems, heavy duty electrical equipment
- Perform quality testing and inspections
- Wire up, gland, terminate pumps, motors, VSDs, circuit boards and panels, install new conduits, trays, ladder and pull new cables where necessary
- Recording of all activities on CMMS
- Provide out of hours support to plant operations during plant start-up, running and shutdown activities
- Participate in on-call rota
- Follow all health and safety rules and regulations. Keep work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Maintenance Engineer.
- The position of Maintenance Electrician requires flexibility and availability as demanded by the needs of a continuous plant and process. You will be part of an on-call system providing electrical cover and as a result, after-hours and weekend interaction with the plant will be a routine aspect of the job.
- Awareness of national and industrial technical standards and regulations
- Be a good team player and be analytically minded in linking financial performance to operational efficiency.
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment where priorities may change regularly
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks such as climbing ladders, working at heights and/or in confined spaces
- Problem solving and fault finding with MV/LV AC and LC DC switchgear and distribution systems.
- Good command of electrical drawings
- A disciplined step-by-step systematic approach to problems
- Fault finding under time pressure
- 5 years relevant electrical experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Electrical National Craft Certificate
- Very strong fault diagnosis & solving experience
- Ability to read complex electrical drawings and P&IDs
- Specific experience with Rockwell / Allen Bradley Control Systems and PLCs, Endress and Hauser and ABB instrumentation, Auma actuators is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of ATEX zoned areas is also advantageous
- Salary circa €50K – €55K plus overtime
- Excellent benefits package
If you are a Maintenance Electrician considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.