My client is currently recruiting for a Junior Health & Safety Officer to be based at their head office in Carlow. This is a full time and permanent position and is an excellent opportunity within a well-established company working in the water industry. The successful candidate will be involved in developing, monitoring and implementing the company’s HSEQ policy.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems
- Ensure compliance with Client sites Health & Safety policies & procedures
- Drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure all accidents and near misses are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Client, Company Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required
- Compile information and prepare the Safety File at the end of the project
- Must hold a minimum of a Health & Safety Diploma.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Preferably have at least 1 years’ experience, working ideally with service provider/M&E contractor.
- Possess excellent IT skills and communication.
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes and drive high performance
- Salary €35 – €45k DOE
- 25 days Holidays
- Hybrid role
- Company Vehicle
- Flexible hours and location
If you are a Junior Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.