Our client is currently looking for a Junior Engineer to join their expanding business. The successful candidate will work under management along with an existing Project Manager and will gain great experience within an exciting sector.
This role is suitable for an engineering graduate and will appeal to candidates who may have experience in or studied areas which relate to the water sector, who are ambitious and interested in taking the next step in their career.
The role will mainly be office based in Ennis, Co.Clare but may require some site visits. and wastewater sector.
- Assist in managing various projects and communicating via phone and e-mail.
- Scheduling works for technicians through a database.
- Communicating with contractors in advance of works to ensure site setup is correct.
- Compiling method statements, risk assessments and labelled drawings for works.
- Communicating with Technicians on site setup, technical queries, day to day tasks.
- Liaising with laboratories regarding water samples, Collections & Results.
- Reviewing testing reports/results before they are sent to clients.
- Liaising with the accounts team regarding quotations, pricing documents and invoices.
- Maintenance and ordering of equipment and consumable items.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred; ideally in a Science, Engineering or Other Technical discipline
- Experience of the water industry in Ireland is advantageous.
- A background in dealing with projects with Local Authorities, Irish Water and Consultant Engineering Firms would be advantageous.
- Computer literacy with a technical background
- A full, valid driver’s license.
- Ability to liaise with other members of staff and customers
- Salary circa €30k – €35k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a Junior Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.