Health and Safety Officer with 3+ years’ experience required to join a Tier 1 main building contractor to on a large civil infrastructure project in the Southeast. The successful Health and Safety Officer will eventually become the regional manager for this area. Our client has a great reputation for looking after their staff and provide top salaries and packages. Our client has a good pipeline of projects in the region and has grown substantially outside the Dublin market in recent years.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification /Diploma or higher.
- 3 years+ working as a Health & Safety Officer / Advisor on construction projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong leadership skills and able to take the initiative.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- €55,000 – €65,000
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle fully expensed
- Benefits package
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.