One of Irelands leading contractors for mechanical installation services is currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer in West Dublin on a full-time permanent basis.
The Health and Safety Officer is an integrated part of the Project Team and is responsible for providing specialist advise and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel. Process piping installation experience in an Environmental Health and Safety role would also be beneficial.
- Assist the EHS Manager in achieving full compliance in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation
- Work effectively with the Project Manager and Construction Team with the implementation of the Integrated Management System
- Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of the clients High Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
- Assist with the development of Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS), Safe Plans of Action (SPA) and permit to work systems.
- Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
- The Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all EHS project and documentation support.
Qualifications / Skills
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- The successful Health and Safety Officer will have 3-5 years’ experience on large construction projects, preferably with an M&E contractor.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in construction in the role of supporting PSCS.
- Salary circa €55,000 – €65,000 – DOE
- 21 days annual leave
- Pension contributed to by the Company
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking.
If you are a Health and Safety Officer who is looking for your next career move, please call Gearoid Hughes on 086 0351825, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Top Tier Construction clients across Ireland.