Health and Safety Officer required for a leading Engineering company to work on projects in Mainland Europe. The role will suit someone who is degree qualified and would like the opportunity to work on Large Data Centre projects in Frankfurt, Paris or Copenhagen.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and RAMS.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Third level degree in Health and Safety
- Must have 1+ years’ experience within a construction or Engineering company
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Confident proactive and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- €40 – €50K – DOE
- Accomodation, Travel and Expenses paid
- Excellent career prospects
- Full Benefits package on application
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Gearoid Hughes for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.