Health and Safety Advisor with approx. 3 years+ experience required to join a Utilities Contractor in the Leinster region. This Contractor has several projects in Leinster so this role will suit the EHS professional who doesn’t mind travelling and likes the flexibility of the multisite role. The successful Health and Safety Officer will report to a company director and will have a high level of responsibility within the company.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience on building projects in Ireland or the UK
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Advisor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 22 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.