Estimator – Dublin – Job Ref: 12610
One of Irelands leading mechanical contractors is currently looking for a Mechanical Estimator for their Office in Dublin on a full-time permanent basis.
The Estimator is responsible for the preparation, submission and management of Mechanical tenders allocated. The main objective of this role is to achieve accurate net costs in accordance with the client’s specification and our subcontract documents.
Please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Prepare and collate tenders based on scope of work, plans and specifications
- Source and categorise pre-project information
- Quantify material, plant and labour requirements for relevant projects
- Prepare cost reports and detailed estimates
- Analyse sub-contractor quotations, checking inclusions and exclusions
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Create a procurement schedule for the project
- Issue tender queries and prepare tender reports
- Prepare data for client presentations
- Complete the final handover to the project team
- Conduct periodic review of work practices to identify appropriate cost saving measures
Qualifications / Skills
- Relevant Degree or Trade background
- 1-2 years’+ experience working as a Mechanical Estimator on M&E projects
- Previous relevant experience working in Ireland or the UK an advantage
- Good communication skills and proven record in taking Tenders from Pricing through to final client award
- Salary circa €45,000 – €50,000 – DOE
- 21 days annual leave
- Outstanding career progression available
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking
If you are an Estimator and are looking for your next career move, please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles in the Construction industry across Ireland.