Estimator required for a leading Structural Steel Contractor to work out of the Dublin head office. The successful Estimator will be responsible for of a range of projects in various sectors. Candidates should have 5 years’ experience with a main building contractor or Sub Contractor in Ireland or the UK, but local market experience is essential.
- Manage the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Liaise with and manage the internal and external tender team
- Mark up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, organise Bills Of Quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liaise with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Prepare and evaluate risk and opportunity
- Arrange and prepare commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
- Review supply chain performance quarterly
- Attend pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
- Visit sites to obtain feedback
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies and liaise with Clients
- Construction related degree is desirable but not necessary.
- The Estimator must have 5 years’+ experience working as an estimator for a main building contractor or similar
- Must have experience working in Ireland or the UK
- Salary circa €70,000 to €75000 – doe
- Benefits package
If you are an Estimator looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.