Estimator required for a well-established and progressive Main Building Contractor in South Dublin. The successful Estimator will be responsible for of a range of projects in various sectors.
- The Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of tenders
- Conduct periodic review of work practices to identify appropriate cost saving measures
- Quantify material, plant and labour requirements for relevant projects
- Analyse sub-contractor quotations, checking inclusions and exclusions
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Issue tender queries and prepare tender reports
- Source and categorise pre-project information
- Create a procurement schedule for the project
- Prepare cost reports and detailed estimates
- Complete the final handover to the project team
- Relevant Degree or Trade background
- The Estimator must have 5 years’+ experience working as an estimator for a main building contractor or similar
- Must have experience working in Ireland or the UK
- Good communication skills and proven track record in taking tenders from pricing through to final client award
- Ability to work as both part of a team and on their own initiative
- The successful Estimator must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
- Salary circa €65,000 to €75,000 – doe
- Travel allowance / company vehicle
- CPD – Support for college courses
If you are an Estimator looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.