Estimator required for specialist subcontractor based in Monaghan. The ideal estimator should have 5+ years construction experience in the UK or Ireland and hold a third level degree in engineering, construction, or quantity surveying, however this is not a deal breaker. This is the ideal opportunity for an estimator looking to join a rapidly growing contractor with operations in Ireland and Mainland Europe.
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages.
- Compile and maintain costs data reports.
- Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Liaise with the Chief Estimator and senior management on contractual concerns and ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
- Manage and control preliminary budgets for tender process.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
- Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications, and related documents.
- Protect Flynn contractually and follow company procedures and protocols.
- Review technical publications, track price trends and regulatory changes.
- Work with the QS function in pre-contract negotiations.
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Financially numerate with strong commercials knowledge.
- Good knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant, and material prices.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Methodical, analytical mindset with good attention to detail
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field preferred but not necessary.
- Salary of €55k – €70k DOE
- Attractive benefits package
If you are a Junior Estimator considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Andrew Neale for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.