Senior HV/MV Electrical Engineer – Waterford, Ireland – Job Ref: 13240
One of Irelands leading contractors for electrical and mechanical installation services are currently looking for a Senior HV/MV Electrical Engineer to support their Estimating department in tendering jobs by scoping the projects from an engineering point of view. This position will be based out of their Waterford office.
Please email or call Joe Newman for a confidential discussion about this role.
- Design of HV & MV protection and control systems.
- Development and review of schematic drawings and single line diagrams.
- Developing HV/MV system studies including protection coordination, arc flash, voltage regulation, load flow and fault level reports.
- Direct contact with client as company representatives.
- Complying with project H&S requirements, producing method statements and risk assessments.
- Detailed design covering all aspects of high and medium voltage equipment.
- Detailed design of secondary control and protection systems.
- Preparation and interpretation of technical specifications and enquiry documentation
- Preparation of technical/contract documents and recording/transmitting information.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management and the planning.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Generate specifications for parts and evaluate the effectiveness of the design.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
Qualifications / Skills
- A Level 8 degree in electrical engineering or Relevant experience working within the MV/HV environment.
- 5+ years High voltage and Medium voltage experience in Ireland is essential for this role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have proficient IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Salary circa €75,000 – €85,000 – DOE
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking
If you are a Senior HV/MV Electrical Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Joe Newman or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.