One of Irelands leading contractors for electrical and mechanical installation services is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer for multiple projects across Dublin. This contractor works within multiple industries including Commercial, Industrial, Residential apartments, Pharmaceuticals and M&E fit out.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Undertake a full design review of drawings, specifications and schedules to ensure compliance with the applicable standards and industry guides.
- Detailed review of specialist supplier packages for compliance with project specification and applicable industry standards.
- Engineering software tools including, Dialux or Relux, Amtech Pro Design and Navisworks.
- Review of the co-ordinated construction drawings and documentation.
- Prepare RFI’s and issue to the client.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, the testing and commissioning and the handover of all project systems.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
Qualifications / Skills
- Level 7/8 Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Building Services or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical project engineering or a similar role.
- Strong understanding of electrical systems from a design or construction perspective.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Salary circa €50,000 – €65,000 – DOE
- 23 days annual leave
- Pension contributed to by the Company
- Funded CPD programme for Masters etc.#
If you are an Electrical Engineer who is looking for your next career move, please call Gearoid Hughes on 0860351825 , all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.