Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer (Senior) to join the Cork office of a highly respected, award-winning global engineering consultancy. This company has a strong reputation for rewarding their staff & offer excellent career progression.
Our client is committed to providing their employees with exceptional opportunity for career growth and the successful Electrical Engineer will work on a broad range of exciting building projects (Data Centre, Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial, Education).
- The successful Electrical Engineer will be responsible for Project Planning and Management
- Preparation of design and contract documentation and specifications
- Designing and reviewing design work of intermediate and junior engineers
- Design of systems including but not limited to maximum demand calculations, cable sizing, lighting, emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, ICT systems, security systems and vertical transport
- Coordination of work with all members of design teams (architect, engineers of all disciplines, QS etc.)
- Ensuring that all designs and documents are prepared to the highest standards
- Estimating and Cost Control on projects
- Compiling project reports
- Conceptual design studies and reports
- Mentoring and development of junior and intermediate engineers in the group
- The successful Electrical Engineer will have a minimum Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Must be chartered or close to achieving chartership
- 7 to 9 years of Electrical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Experience in a wide range of projects. Experience in mission critical projects an advantage
- Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
- Experience in leading design teams
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Competent in electrical design software
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel
- €65,000 to €75,000 – doe.
- Global company profit share (paid twice annually)
- Double matching pension contribution
- Professional membership reimbursement
- Life assurance, health insurance plans & subsidy
- Schemes: flexible Friday, work from home, travel to work & annual leave purchase scheme
If you are an Electrical Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Leah Colfer. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.