Excellent opportunity for Environmental Health and Safety Advisor / PSCS Safety Officer with at least 4-5 years’ experience to join a highly respected award winning Mechanical & Process Contractor in Cork and Limerick. This company provides the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, industrial, food, commercial and retail industries with professional project management and high calibre craftsmanship. Our client has a strong reputation for rewarding their staff and offer excellent career progression.
Please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473 for a confidential discussion about this role.
- You will be required to manage the EHS role for 3 x clean room environment projects
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems, providing a high level of health and safety guidance to the business.
- This role is field based (covering projects in Cork and Limerick)
- Advise and liaise with project construction team and PSPD regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the workplace.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Inspection of WAH equipment such as Mobile Towers, Ladders, MEWP.
- Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations and corrective actions
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Communicate Toolbox Talks and carry out site inductions.
- Strict management and compilation / assessment of all onsite subcontractors including reviewing RAMS.
- Chair PSCS HES meetings and communicate minutes to project team.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
- At least 4 – 5 years’ PSCS / Environment, Health and Safety advisory experience gained in process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical and organised.
- Preferred Qualifications Required:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety
- CIF PSCS Training or similar (advantage)
- FETAC Manual Handling Instructor (Advantage)
- Occupational First Aider (Advantage)
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Advantage)
- WAH and Abrasive Wheels Instructor (Advantage)
- Excellent document control.
- Must have fluent English and must be eligible to work in Ireland.
Salary and Benefits:
- Excellent remuneration package circa €50k – €60k+ doe
- Detailed benefits package available on request
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
- Field Based (covering Cork and Limerick)
- Additional: Mobile Phone, Laptop, Company Expenses
- 20 Days’ Holiday + Public Holidays
- This company believes in investing in their staff and providing continued support to facilitate career progression and longevity within their company.
If you are an EHS Officerand are looking for your next career move, please call Jennie Hoare on 086 609 8473, all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.