Due to continued growth, new contracts and an extensive pipeline of work, one of Ireland’s top Civil Contractors are hiring an Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor. This role will be based in Cork.
They are looking for someone who is relatively new to the profession with at least three years’ experience in groundworks, piling, concrete frame, façade and fit out with an appropriate Health and Safety qualification.
- Assist in developing and implementing EHS strategies and policies.
- Keep up to date with current UK EHS legislation and industry best practice and share this information with UK EHS Committee and site staff
- Take a lead role in maintaining/improving our overall safety performance and that of our supply chain partners.
- Attend all pre-commencement meetings and agree which RAMs need your review.
- Review Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans for new projects.
- Review Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) as required.
- Developing effective relationships with the Clients EHS Representatives.
- Sit with and mentor site management teams in site set up, preparing EHS documents or presentations such as RAMS, toolbox talks, etc.
- Perform periodic site inspections and prepare relevant audit reports.
- Attend internal project meeting to discuss specific issues when activities on site require.
- Take the lead in accident investigations and communicate findings to the UK EHS Committee
- Advice on EHS training requirements
- Preparation of EHS bulletins based on learnings from incidents/near misses/audits or review of EHS policies & procedures.
- Maintaining a comprehensive EHS management system that meets the needs and requirements of the business while satisfying the requirements of ISO:14001 and ISO:45001
- Review of existing EHS policies & procedures, amend where required and communicate to all staff.
- Improving and influencing EHS aspects of tender development and evaluation
- Hold relevant Irish/UK EHS qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of EHS requirements in UK Construction Industry
- Good knowledge of current technical building requirements
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems, processes and self
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Salary circa €45k – €60k DOE
- Benefits package
If you are an Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.