Design Manager required for a leading main building contractor to work primarily on a large 2 year + project in Athlone. Our client is heading into their busiest year ever and they have a good pipeline of interesting projects in a variety of sectors throughout the country. We will consider candidates with no main contractor experience who want to move into this area. Please note that this role will include occasional travel to Dublin.
- The Design Manager will report directly to a contracts manager
- Coordinate and track the submittal and approval process of Designs and materials ensuring client sign off and approval.
- Look at risk/design problems by finding solutions with our Design Team before they materialize.
- Develop look ahead plans.
- Plan and co-ordinate with project management teams
- Have good planning and programme skills.
- Attend Site Meetings and report on progress.
- Engineering / Architectural degree or similar
- Experience as a design manager with a main contractor / developer is preferred however we will consider candidates coming from an architectural practice or design office with applicable experience.
- Datacentre / Industrial experience is preferrable
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent salary circa €70k-€75k
- Strong benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Design Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 25 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.