Contracts Manager required to join one of Irelands fastest growing Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) construction companies, based in the Galway office. The role would require occasional travel to site in Dublin. The company have an excellent portfolio of works and are going through a period of rapid change. This role is suitable for an experienced Contracts Manager who is looking to join a company with the possibility of strong long terms prospects.
- Must be degree qualified in a construction related discipline.
- 15+ years’ experience working with main contractors.
- At least 3 years specifically working as a contracts manager with a main contractor.
- Proven track record of manging building projects valued above €10 million.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
- Reporting to the Construction Director.
- Providing advice on the management of projects.
- Attending pre-tender and tender handover meetings.
- Delivery of pre-site meetings to the site team.
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget.
- Implementing risk management processes, review risk register and check risk controls.
- Quality control.
- Producing and analysing progress reports, updated costs and forecasts.
- Budgeting resources and implementing forward planning.
- Managing and monitoring sub-contractors.
- Building and maintaining relationships with both the client and external customers.
- Basic salary circa €100k
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Company car/ vehicle allowance
If you are a Contracts Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.