Due to continued growth, new contracts and an extensive pipeline of work, one of Ireland’s top Water Contractors has an exciting opportunity for a reliable and experienced Commissioning Engineer with a proven track record. This role will be working on projects Nationwide.
- Completion of preliminary documentation and equipment checks.
- Initial power-up of MCC’s, rotation checks for motors and I/O point to point checks.
- Setting up of instrumentation and scaling of instruments back to main control system.
- Uploading of first draft of PLC/HMI code and de-bugging as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation and processes.
- Working with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to the water/waste water treatment plant.
- Working with design teams in the application of process and control solutions.
- Liaising between site engineering and management staff.
- Adherence to all H&S legislation, documentation and procedures.
- Completion of commissioning documentation on-site and return to Head Office.
- Co-ordination of project close-out stages including handover to the end user or Operations Department.
- Applicable Electrical Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the Water & Wastewater sector.
- Good working and process knowledge of the water and waste water sector.
- Capability to make control programme PLC and HMI modifications desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Full, clean driving license.
- Salary circa €55k – €65k DOE
- Excellent Benefits package
If you are a Commissioning Engineer considering a career move, please feel free to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.