Due to the growing nature of the Rail business in Ireland, my client, a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm are searching for an experienced Commercial Officer/QS to join their team to assist with keeping control of project costs and contract variations. This role will be both office-based in Citywest, Dublin or at the client’s office and also working from home.
- Commercial management of various projects/work packages as directed. These may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Telecoms, Electrification, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way.
- Be responsible for project change control and management.
- Provide contractual and commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering.
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks
- Previous Quantity Surveyor/ Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, construction.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification – RICS, ICES or similar
- Strong track record in contractor side, project environment.
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs.
- Ability to estimate change/variations using various methods.
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete.
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and implement commercial strategies.
- Salary circa €65K – €75K DOE
- Benefits package
- Hybrid Working
If you are a Commercial Officer/QS considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 23 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.