Due to continued growth, one of our clients are recruiting for a Civils Supervisor – Telecoms to join their team working on their National Broadband Plan Project. This client is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. Designing, building and commissioning overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise.
- Responsible for all Crews compliance to HSQE.
- Complete on-site surveys in advance of the poling, tree trimming and civils crews to plan and amend the design where required for cost effective solutions.
- Observe the fibre drop and fibre build to ensure that the pre-works enable the deployment of the fibre cable and that the homes are droppable post the main build.
- Survey the Eir OH & UG network as required to provide engineering solutions to the Fibre Network Planners.
- Ensure that all crews (Poling, Tree Trimming and Civils) have work packs issued in a logical and timely manner.
- Ensure that materials are available to the crews to conduct the works.
- Liaise with the local authority and NBI’s COW for specific reinstatements and works practices.
- Liaise with other stakeholders including Open Eir, ESBN, ENET etc. to ensure that works are completed to their required standards.
- Analysing the build map for all constraints and blockers to ensure that all works are coordinated and closed out in a timely manner so as not to delay the deployment of fibre.
- Formulate programmes with the Construction Manager and track the progress on site.
- Mitigate reworks and reduce travel time for crews by working closely with the Fibre Planners so that Cl12’s, NBIQ’s and Cl40’s are closed out in a timely manner.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of Tree Trimming, Poling and Civils resource.
- Work collaboratively with the Pre-Works Supervisors, Fibre Planners, Senior FLM and the Construction Manager to ensure that when resources are shared they are deployed to their optimum capacity.
- Propose design solutions to remove electrical conflicts, congestion on poles, NBIQ’s.
- Negotiate and communicate with internal departments and external customers.
- Raise RFI’s onto the build map.
- Deliver HSQE Briefs to direct reports and sub-contractors.
- Experience in the utilities industry leading sub-contractors and direct crews
- SLG & LUGs
- Experience with OH and UG power line works
- Experienced with all types of civil builds
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the Utilities sector
- Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced Personnel
- Salary circa €50k – €60k
- Excellent Benefits Package
If you are a Civils Supervisor – Telecoms considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Lisa Cullen on 086-0119146 for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.