Site Engineer required for a leading Civil Engineering contractor to work on major civils project in Waterford. The project includes many interesting engineering challenges including retaining structures, in situ works, the construction of cantilevered steel boardwalks over the river extensive piling works, public realm improvement work, utility upgrades, architectural elements, deep drainage, watermain, boundary treatments & full road construction. This is the Ideal role for the Site Engineer with 2+ years’ experience who would like to join a highly reputable mid-sized civils contractor who are winning work all over the country.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/groundworkers
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Civil Engineering projects experience
- 2+ years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Benefits package
- Travel allowance / company vehicle
If you are a Site Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.