Civil Engineer / Road Design Engineer with 3-7+ years’ experience, required to join a leading engineering consultancy in Cork. The successful Road Design Engineer / Civil Engineer will be responsible for the preliminary and detailed design services, input to EIA / CPO, preparation of contract documentation, administration of construction contracts and construction supervision.
- Level 8 / 9 Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Should be Chartered or close to becoming Chartered with Engineers Ireland
- The successful Civil Engineer must have 3-7+ years’ experience in the design of roads projects (of which at least 3 years’ experience must be working on roads projects in Ireland / UK.
- The Road Design Engineer must be proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX Roads etc.
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- The successful Civil Engineer should have experience in design and build schemes.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes (preferably in Ireland) including feasibility studies, preliminary design, planning, EIA, CPO, detailed design, tender document preparation, contract administration.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary circa €45k – €55k+ (depending on experience)
- Excellent benefits package available upon application
- Working both in the office and remotely
- Free parking
- Travel to work scheme
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Civil Engineer / Road Design Engineer considering a career move, send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. Caroline Herlihy has in excess of 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.