Chartered Civil Engineer – 10 – 12 years+:
(Traffic & Transportation):
Our client has several roles for Civil Engineers and Traffic and Transportation Engineers due an increased workload. They are currently seeking to recruit a Traffic & Transportation Engineer with 10-12+ years’ experience in traffic engineering and / or transportation planning for their Cork office. You will work on a range of traffic and transportation schemes across Ireland and the UK. Projects include working for government agencies, private development progression, greenway concept and design, new roads, road and public realm improvements, road safety engineering and transportation modelling.
- The Transportation Engineer / Civil Engineer will have full responsibility for the design and project management of your own projects whilst growing a team.
- This is a client facing role and the ideal Civil Engineer will have experience working closely with the OPW and with clients in Ireland.
- Typical projects in this department include, local roads schemes, junction improvements, major highways, road & highway drainage / hydrology, traffic and transportation planning. Including Traffic related projects with the NTA & local County Councils (Road safety schemes, road layout/junction improvement schemes, pedestrian & cyclist facilities, pavement schemes, bus corridors, traffic impact assessments, national road schemes, travel plans & feasibility studies)
- Level 8 Degree in civil engineering or equivalent and be Chartered with Engineers Ireland
- The successful Traffic & Transportation Engineer will have 10-12+ years’ experience in Traffic / Transportation engineering in Ireland.
- The Civil Engineer should have a proven track record working with the OPW.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary circa €65k – €70k+ (depending on experience)
- Excellent benefits package available upon application
- Working both in the office and remotely
- Free parking
- Travel to work scheme
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Civil Engineer considering a career move, send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin. Caroline Herlihy has in excess of 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.