CAD Technician required for a large international Contractor based in their Cavan town office. This contractor has some of the largest Data Centre and Heavy industrial projects across Ireland and Europe.
The position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work with a large contractor. The successful CAD Technician will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
- Preparing 2D Mechanical CAD drawings from engineer’s sketches.
- Preparing piping design drawings from piping design sketches.
- Management of CAD files, drawing registers and drawing issue sheets.
- Liaising with contractors, Engineers, surveyors, and others for drawing issue/management.
- Perform Clash detection using Navisworks on existing models.
- Proactive participation in the design process to maintain quality standards.
- Hold at recognised qualification in Computer Aided Design from city & guilds or equivalent.
- The CAD Technician must have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with a Mechanical & Electrical Contractor or Consultancy.
- Experience using Revit and other 3D software such as Plant 3D to add to existing models.
- The successful CAD Technician must be in Ireland or the UK at present and be eligible to work in Ireland without requiring a work permit.
- €40,000 to €45,000 – DOE.
- Continuous professional development
- Discretionary Bonus
- Free Parking
If you are a CAD Technician who is looking for your next career move, please send your CV to Gearoid Hughes or call for a confidential discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.