Building Services Engineer (Design) – Job ID: 13329
Building Services Engineer (Design) is needed to join one of Ireland’s leading social enterprises in Tipperary. The successful Building Services Engineer will be involved in developing and delivering a wide range of different energy, consultancy, and energy services at Local, National and European level. They will be involved in enabling people, communities, the commercial sector, and the public sector to become more sustainable in their energy use.
- Assist Senior Engineers in all aspects of building services design consultancy works and additional energy services.
- Assist with developing design specifications and drawings including preparation of building services plans such as HVAC solutions, building services (M&E), renewable heating, building automation system designs and specifications, energy management specifications, advice on commissioning and maintenance routines and recommendations for ongoing rectification works.
- Carry out energy audits, thermal modelling, heat load calculations (including IES modelling) and identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption in buildings.
- Carry out building services condition and environmental audits and due diligence audits.
- Assist our clients in troubleshooting potential services system failures and undertake design reviews.
- Liaise and assist with providing clients and contractors with requested information.
- Ensure work and projects are delivered on-time and on-budget to our clients
- Ensure the highest quality of work is delivered
- Level 8 Degree in Building services / Mechanical / Electrical / Sustainable Engineering or related technical discipline with an emphasis on design.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience in one or more of the following sustainable energy disciplines is essential:
- M&E in non-residential buildings
- Building fabric and energy retrofit management
- Renewable energy, PV, Biomass and heat pumps. (design, development and procurement).
- Strong IT and analytical skills including CAD, with IES modelling a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Non-Domestic BER/CEM/CMVP or other energy auditing standards, DiaLux and Revit highly advantageous.
- The successful candidate will work as part of our team, helping to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistently high-quality service to clients.
Salary & Benefits:
- €45,000 to €55,000 – DOE
- Laptop & Phone
- Relocation package to suitable candidate.
- Pension & Health Insurance contributions on satisfactory completion of probationary period.
If you are a Building Services Engineer looking for your next career move, please contact Jennie Hoare today. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.