Bid Manager – Maternity Leave Cover – Job Ref: 12769
A Bid Manager needed to join a respected, progressive and busy mechanical and electrical consultancy in Dublin to cover Maternity Leave. The role will commence in November 2020 or possibly sooner. The successful Bid Manager will be responsible for all bids and tenders put out by the company and will be employed for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
Please contact Jennie Hoare, on the contact details provided, for a confidential discussion about this role.
- The successful Bid Manager candidate will report directly to the Directors and will liaise mainly with the Directors, Associate Directors, and the Finance Department to complete bids.
- Complete commercial and governmental received Invitations to Tender, Requests for Proposals etc.
- Source potential bids/proposals via online portals and identify and recommend appropriate bids for the Directors to review.
- Plan the strategy to complete the proposed bids/tenders.
- Setting up new enquiries in our CRM & filing enquiry correspondence correctly in our CRM
- Take responsibility for the preparation of meticulous documentation and answering queries relating to tenders, bids and/or questionnaires.
- Coordinate any assistance required from Directors & Associate Directors for sections such as relevant experience / team / programme / technical questions etc. and compile this information together into a succinct response.
- Ensure responses are completed in a timely manner, allowing time for final reviews and amendments before submission.
- Ensure bids are provided to clients in line with bid/tender requirements and deadline requirements.
- Track opportunity pipeline using CRM software and produce weekly progress reports to support the flow of incoming work potential and grow company turnover
- Complete research tasks to identify business opportunities / tenders which are coming up and reviewing them to make recommendations on whether they are appropriate for our business.
- Maintain up to date records within our internal database and libraries e.g. bid/quote progress tracker.
- Maintain a response database as appropriate to include, but not limited to, CVs, organisational chart, datasheets, company information, insurance certificates.
- Maintain competency records to support public procurement the company’s technical bodies affiliation’s and industry accreditations
- Maintain and update company web site with relevant information
- Responsible for document branding of all company issued documentation – spot checks to ensure documents are formatted correctly
- The suitable candidate must be able to work independently as there is no Bid Team
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar, fast paced environment which has
- Experience with the tendering and bidding process in the Irish construction industry.
- Highly competent in administrative skills and computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels within an organisation.
- The ability to prioritise workloads and time for yourself and other team members and when required reprioritise in line with changing demands.
- Strict attention to detail
- Deltek experience, not essential – eager to learn new software
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivated in identifying new business
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with key decision makers
- High degree of accuracy required in detail and presentation
- Proactive approach to innovation and problem solving
- Strong understanding of the tender management procedure for public and private sector
Salary & Benefits:
- €40,000 to €45,000 – Depending on Experience
- Travel tax scheme and bike to work scheme
- 23 annual leave days per annum plus 9 days for Statutory Holidays.
- Out of pocket expenses
- Flexible working hours
If you are a Bid Manager looking for your next career move, please contact Jennie Hoare. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Mechanical Building Services Engineers and Electrical Engineers across Ireland.