Assistant Buyer with 1 – 2 years’ experience required to join a leading builder developer to join the procurement department and work out of our client’s South Dublin Head Office. Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role previously with a contractor or builder’s merchant. Someone from a site-based background who would prefer a role in head office would also be considered for this role.
- Set in place and ensure compliance with Materials Requisitions for Site Project Managers
- Ensure prompt placing of orders with Suppliers & ensure Project Managers & QS are kept up to date on delivery
- Ensure best prices being obtained from suppliers and review regularly
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
- Storing all emailed purchase orders in the project file so that costs and specific agreements with suppliers can easily be cross referenced when signing invoices for payment.
- Order plant hire as requested by Project Managers ensure clear on-hire & off-hire dates agreed
- Keep up to date hired plant database & cross check all invoices against it.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification
- 1- 2 years’ experience in Procurement preferred
- Mechanical Building services knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Excellent IT skills.
- Applicants must be in Ireland and eligible to work in Ireland.
- €35K – €45K
- Training and Development plans.
- Company Pension scheme
- Other benefits
- Company Healthcare plan
If you are an Assistant Buyer considering a career move, send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 24 years’ experience based in Dublin.