Design Manager / Design Coordinator:
An experienced Design Manager or Design Coordinator is required by a leading Main Contractor in their Dublin head office to work on a variety of projects or varying scales.
The successful Design Manager / Coordinator will be responsible for working on D&B contracts whilst working from both their Dublin office and across various sites.
Reporting to the Project Manager or Site Engineer, the remit of this role will include taking responsibility for conceptual design to construction and managing the designers in the process with an emphasis on the coordination of architectural and engineering information.
Excellent communications skills are required as this role will involve consultation and liaising with third party contractors and various other stakeholders.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Ensure drawings and specifications are fully coordinated with relevant Architectural & MEP requirements.
- Co-ordination of shop drawings between the sub-contractors, the design team and other relevant sub-contractors, ensuring compliance with design, specification and relevant Building regulations.
- Prepare and maintain the schedule of information requirements in accordance with the contract schedule
- Monitor the information schedule regularly and advise the PM / Site Manager / Engineer accordingly
- Co-ordinate and manage the technical submittal process for all components
- Monitor the technical submittal tracking document regularly and advise the PM of progress and problems arising
- Prepare and maintain a procurement tracking schedule based on approved technical submittals and approval of costs where relevant in line with the contract programme.
- Respond to queries raised promptly
- Record all verbal instructions received from the architect and / or engineer
- Ensure the timely distribution of drawings and information to sub-contractors.
- A recognised qualification in Architecture or Architectural Technology
- Ideally 3 years+ experience taking projects through to completion on site
- Full understanding and working knowledge of current industry regulations in Ireland is essential
- Must have experience working in either an architectural consultancy or main contractor
- Proficiency in Revit or AutoCAD
- Be an effective communicator both in written and verbal form
- Applicants must hold full permission to work in Ireland
Salary & Benefits:
- €55k-€70k- DOE
- Mileage allowance
- Contributory pension
If you are a Design Manager or Design Coordinator looking for your next career move, forward your cv to Deborah Byrne for a confidential discussion.