Senior Electrical Engineer needed to join a respected and progressive multidisciplinary consultancy in Cork. The successful Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for of a range of projects. The successful candidate will be working as part of a project team on projects spanning Munster and Ireland across a wide range of building sectors delivering low energy projects from conceptual design through to building handover.
- Compilation of specifications for Electrical Services and Installations and project planning, conceptual design studies and reports.
- Ensuring full co-ordination between specifications and drawings and estimating, cost control, and compiling project reports.
- Liaise with architects, clients, and other stakeholders to set the constraints of the electrical design and co-ordinate with all other disciplines.
- Reviewing design work of junior engineers as well as training and development of junior and intermediate engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring best-practice engineering expertise throughout the company is implemented and improved, while also progressing the development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians through mentoring and overseeing their work.
- Build client relationships and work in a client facing role.
- Honours Degree in Building Services Engineering / Electrical Engineering.
- The successful Electrical Design Engineer should have 5+ years’ post graduate design experience within an engineering consultancy.
- Ability to lead projects and be able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required.
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing role with an appreciation and understanding of prompt and efficient resolution to client needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to lead projects and be able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant technical software tools
- Driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits:
- €55,000 – €65,000 D.O.E
- Matched company pension contribution up to 5%
- 20 Days Holidays
- Laptop, tablet provided
- Top of the line office in an excellent location
- Excellent Company Culture
- Career progression
If you are an Electrical Engineer looking for your next career move, please call Rebekah Blair on 086 085 7455. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. We also have many other roles for Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Building Services Engineers across Ireland.