Quality Engineer required to join a leading main building contractor. This is a great opportunity where you will be working within a well-established and expanding team. The current workload is exciting, and you will be involved at all stages.
- Plan ITPs and their implementation as part of overall Quality Plan and compliance with specifications.
- Being active on site to oversee all of the construction process.
- Inspect and review works being carried out by directly employed and subcontracted resources and ensure that they are achieving the required quality and standards to the latest information.
- Identify and record non-conformances and ensure that corrective measures are taken, taking account the sequence of activities and access requirements. Maintain a register of all observations and record the close out of any remedial works.
- Check and monitor site activities, in accordance with general technical guidelines, applicable standards and specific requirements laid down in the specifications, in order to control and record the quality of the work.
- Ensure compliance with Safety, Quality and Environmental standards on the site and take corrective measures, in accordance with legislation and regulations.
- Report on the status of the work to Project Management.
- Ensure the works are carried out in accordance with the PMP and with related Method Statements.
- Review and implement the environmental requirements on the project, co-ordinate environmental control measures and report environmental emergencies and incidents.
- Provide support to site management on root cause analysis and investigation.
- Writing project progress records and progress photos in liaison with the Foreman and Engineers.
- Assist in the preparation of the safety File and in BC(a)R submissions.
- Review and comment on subcontractor, supplier and vendor technical submittals for compliance with the contract.
- Actively focused on achieving high quality results and objectives.
- 3+ years’ experience on Major Construction Projects as Engineer/Section Manager.
- Building or Civil Engineering degree.
- Knowledge of Quality Control and Building Regulations in the construction industry.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive implementation of quality improvements.
- Demonstrate and actively promote high levels of professional quality engineering.
- Good communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company.
- Good administrative/organisational ability with high level of attention to detail.
- €65k – €75k
- Company Vehicle / Travel Allowance
If you are a Quality Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 24 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.