Structural Site Engineer required to join a highly respected Irish civil and structural engineering consultancy. This company has an excellent accredited CPD programme and have some of the most prominent and challenging development projects in Ireland.
- The position is a site based inspecting and verification role on a large city centre refurbishment where the Structural Engineer will be interacting closely with the design team and contractor.
- The Site Engineer will be required to become familiar with the design concept, react to the condition of the building as it undergoes demolition work, advise the contractor and coordinate with the core design team on recommendations for detail alteration where required.
- The Resident Engineer will also undertake surveys ahead of proposed work, monitor ongoing work and report on completed work in accordance with BCAR requirements
- This is a complex structural intervention on a large existing building, contractor is active on site
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be Chartered
- Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 – 6 years’ experience in design of concrete and steel structures and a strong history of site inspection/reporting including refurbished structures
- Autonomous and familiar with current codes of practice
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must have fluent English and must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Basic Salary €55K – €60K+ & site allowance
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
If you are a Civil / Structural Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.