Senior Transportation Engineer (9-10 years):
Our client has a significant and expanding workload in their Traffic and Transportation engineering department. They currently have a requirement for a Senior Engineer to join their growing Transportation Team. The Transportation Team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the public and private sectors which include the NTA, DAA, Dublin Port Company, Grangegorman Development Agency, many local authorities as well as major property developers such as Ardstone, Glenveagh, Park Developments and Cairn Homes.
**For more information please call Caroline Herlihy for a confidential conversation**
- The successful candidate will be involved in schemes ranging from transportation advisory services, design and appraisal of infrastructure schemes in the form of road construction and sustainable travel including public transport and cycling, transportation assessments, travel plans and accessibility audits.
- They will have the ability to lead complex projects and deal directly with clients. They will also be capable of providing technical leadership with the wider team leading chartered engineers, graduate engineers, technicians, and supporting disciplines to successful deliver our projects.
- This company believes in investing in their staff and providing continued support to facilitate career progression and longevity within their practice. Our client retains staff by resourcing their projects effectively whilst progressing good people through their structure to reward talent with promotion, which I can attest to having recruited for this client for over 20 years.
Typical projects include:
- Bus priority schemes
- Cycle lanes and other cycle facilities;
- Traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Accessibility Audits (identifying and solving problems for the mobility impaired and disabled
- Providing assistance to other departments (roads layouts for developments, car park design, service yard design)
- Preparation of Transportation Impact Assessments (TIA’s) for developments of varying sizes
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be Chartered
- Must have at least 9 years in traffic and transport engineering experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Project management experience
- Alignment Design, Junction Design in accordance with TII DMRB, DMURS and National cycle Manual
- Traffic Signs & Road Markings
- Road Safety Audits/Road User Audits
- Ideally be proficient in the use of TRICS, ARCADY, PICADY and TRANSYT
- An understanding of further modelling and appraisal packages such as SATURN, PARAMICS/VISSIM, COBALT
- A knowledge of Civil 3D, MX
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word.
- A current driver’s licence is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. Salary circa €60-70k+ doe.
- Flexible working hours
- Modern Offices
- Paid Institute Membership
- Travel to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent accredited CPD programme and have some of the most prominent and challenging development projects in Ireland.
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership and ultimately helping engineers towards building a successful career in their chosen discipline.
If you are a Transportation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.