Experienced Civil Engineering Designer required to lead a small team in the planning and design of civil engineering infrastructure for various property development projects, including residential, office parks, education and retail. The role will suit a near chartered or recently chartered design engineer, with very strong design experience, ready to advance their career. This role will suit an ambitious and technically strong Civil Engineer who is ambitions to become an Associate in 1 or 2 years.
- Several medium to large scale residential developments (between 25 & 600 residential units) for a very significant property development company
- A multi-block office park in Navan
- Various primary and secondary schools for the Department of Education.
- €150 million Commercial development
- Various Retail developments
- Will involve working as part of architect led multi-discipline professional teams from initial concept design to completion of construction.
- Requires experience in local road and access design, and all associated aspects such as traffic impact assessment, junction and roundabout design, parking provision, pedestrian and cyclist facility design, home zones, shared surfaces, bus and other public transport facilities.
- Drainage design, foul and surface water, incorporation of SUDS measures, pumping stations, rising mains and gravity sewers, potable water distribution systems.
- The role will involve liaison with and attendance at meetings with clients, other professionals, local authority technical personnel, Irish Water, other third party personnel.
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent.
- The successful Senior Civil Engineer will need 4 – 8 years + post graduate experience in civil design.
- Will require excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience in the preparation of clear and concise technical reports will be a clear advantage, as will experience in the planning process in Ireland, and dealing with Irish Water.
- Ability to plan the workload of assistants, and to train and bring on junior staff, will be essential, as will an ability to bring forward several commissions concurrently.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent Salary (circa €50,000 – €65,000+) commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience benefits
- Excellent benefits package – full details available on application.
- Annual Bonus
- Paid Health Insurance
- Life Assurance & Permanent Health Insurance
- Paid membership fees to two professional institutes
- Great location
- Excellent CPD
If you are a Senior Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent.