Senior Civil Design Engineer required to lead a team of 5 staff in the planning and design of civil engineering infrastructure for various property development projects. This company is an integrated International Multidisciplinary Consultancy with a reputation for excellent client service and focusing on the professional development of their staff. They are at the cutting edge of design with opportunities to work in the largest BIM Level 2 projects in Ireland. They are also a recognised Great Place to Work Company.
This role will involve projects in the following areas; Roads, site development works, marine works, water and sewerage infrastructure schemes and largescale industrial facilities for a variety of clients including both public and private sector.
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent and be Chartered
- Civil Engineer with a minimum of 7 years + post graduate experience of which at least 3 years should be in civil design.
- Experience leading teams and capable of leading the technical delivery of civil engineering projects
- Experience working on large scale drainage and water supply Projects
- Detailed technical knowledge of sustainable drainage systems and GDSDS requirements
- Experience in flood risk assessment and mitigation with an understanding of The Planning System and Flood Risk Management Guidelines
- Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring
- Be able to contribute to the bidding process and the winning of future work
- Have a high level of competence in report writing.
- Have good project management experience.
- Be commercially aware and be able to manage projects
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent Salary (circa €55,000 – €65,000+) doe + benefits
- CPD and excellent career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Great location
If you are a Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent.