Excellent opportunity for a dynamic Civil Engineer to join a highly respected award winning civil and structural engineering consultancy. This company has a strong reputation as a professional consultancy who offer an integrated service within civil, structural and transportation engineering.
- This company believes in investing in their staff and providing continued support to facilitate career progression and longevity within their practice. This position offers great prospects of advancement in a busy expanding practice.
- Reporting to a Director, duties will include taking the technical lead on projects, both carrying out and reviewing/checking designs by others, liaising with Clients, design team and contractor and supporting the growth and development of the Team. You will have a significant client and design team interface role on at least one and possibly more than one development and will have Civil Engineers under their supervision.
- Our client retains staff by resourcing their projects effectively whilst progressing good people through their structure to reward talent with promotion.
- The successful Civil Engineer will work on a range of civil works including planning and construction/tender preparation and SuDS, general roads infrastructure, technical reports etc. for a variety of developments (sample below).
Sample of current significant jobs with Blue Chip Plc and Institutional clients:
- 100m Mixed Use development North Docks Dublin up to 18 storeys
- 150m Mixed Use development North Docks Dublin up to 18 storeys
- 90m Mixed Use Development Dublin up to 20 stories.
- 70m Office HQ Development Ballsbridge
- 70m High Density Residential Development on the N11 Corridor up to 14 stories.
- 75m High Density Residential Development in Citywest.
- 80m High Density residential Development beside Rathfarnham Strategic Bus Corridor
- 50m Mixed Use development Galway City 6 storey
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent.
- Civil Engineer should have 5 -7+ years experience in the design of civil infrastructure engineering works, within a consultancy.
- Ideally have some experience using Microdrainage / WinDES design/ ACAD;
- Be familiar with principles of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS);
- General design of Road Works including familiarity with DMRB and DMURS;
- General drainage works design;
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. Salary circa €55k – €65K
- Paid Institute Membership for Chartered candidate
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership and ultimately helping engineers towards building a successful career in their chosen discipline.
If you are a Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.