Transportation Engineer: Our client has a significant and expanding workload in their traffic and transportation engineering department. This award-winning consultancy has a large and varied workload within commercial, residential and mixed-use developments for private blue-chip clients and public bodies. This company believes in investing in their staff and providing continued support to facilitate career progression and longevity within their practice.
Please call Caroline on 086 8055216 for a confidential discussion.
Typical projects include:
- The design of bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Accessibility Audits (identifying and solving problems for the mobility impaired and disabled
- Providing assistance to other departments (roads layouts for developments, car park design, service yard design)
- Preparation of Transportation Impact Assessments (TIA’s) for developments of varying sizes
- Degree in Civil Engineering / or equivalent.
- The successful Civil Engineer / Transportation Engineer should have 3-4+ years traffic and transport engineering experience.
- Ideally be proficient in the use of ARCADY, PICADY, OSCADY and TRANSYT
- The successful Transportation Engineer will be involved in providing services ranging from transportation assessments, traffic engineering and management through to the design of urban traffic control systems.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. Salary circa €47k – €55k+ doe.
- Paid Institute Membership for Chartered candidate
- Excellent accredited CPD programme
- Route to Chartership offering a full and comprehensive mentored programme supporting engineers in attaining Chartership and ultimately helping engineers towards building a successful career in their chosen discipline.
If you are a Transportation Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of engineering professionals within Ireland.