Site Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to a large-scale housing project in Louth. The ideal candidate will have strong setting-out experience and ideally have had some experience in housing in Ireland or the UK. This is the role would suit the experienced Site Engineer who wants to take the next step in their career by joining the rapidly expanding housing division of a Tier 1 Main Contractor.
- Setting-out from engineers’ drawings, site surveys, as-built drawings
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records – site diary, concrete cube register, records of deliveries etc.
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Proficiency in use of Engineers Level, EDM/Total Station
- 5+ years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Great benefits package
- Travel allowance / company vehicle
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.