Site Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on major flagship projects in central Dublin. This is an ideal role for an Engineer with a few years’ experience to work on major building projects and take the next step up the ladder. The successful Site Engineer will be based on site and will receive extensive training to develop the necessary skills to progress within the Company and assist them in achieving the role of Chartered Engineer, if applicable and to move into a Senior Engineering position. Please contact Declan on 0861451302 for more info.
- Setting-out from engineers’ drawings, site surveys, as-built drawings
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records – site diary, concrete cube register, records of deliveries etc.
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Proficiency in use of Engineers Level, EDM/Total Station
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with a Main Building Contractor in Ireland or the UK
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- €45k-55k DOE
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
- Funding for further education and membership of professional bodies
- Strong benefits package
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.