Setting-Out Engineer required for leading Main Building Contractor to work on building projects in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have strong setting-out experience on building projects in Ireland or the UK. This contractor has a great reputation in the industry and has demonstrated strong loyalty to their staff during the recession. This is the ideal role for the experienced Setting-Out Engineer who wants to take the next step in their career by moving to a main contractor who will provide greater responsibility in the short term and stronger possibilities to progress in the long term to Senior Engineer level and Project Manager level.
- 4 years + experience of setting-out experience on building projects in Ireland / UK
- Engineering degree qualified
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- The ideal candidate will be competent in the use of instruments for the purposes of setting out and gathering information, to include total station, GPS and laser level.
- The work will include taking levels for the construction of a structural steel frame, finishing concrete, drainage, services and roadways etc.
- Experience in setting out is essential for this position.
- Management of programme
- Mobilising sub-contractors to site
- Site supervision of various trades and contractors
- Good Health and Safety management and plans
- Check plans and drawings to ensure all calculations are accurate
- Making sure the work performed and materials used are as specified in the contract
- Overseeing quality control measures on the site
- Liaising with subcontractors, clients and other professional staff
- Great benefits package
- Fully expensed company van / travel allowance
- Support for ongoing development and training
If you are a Setting-Out Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.