Setting-Out Engineer required for a leading and well-established building contractor to work on a project based in West County Dublin. This is a permanent role with the company and you will be moved to another site upon completion of this project. The location of this role is outside of the city, so it would be ideal for someone struggling with the City-Centre commute. This role is suitable for an engineer who has no structural experience and wants to progress in that direction. Our client has a good blend or public and privately funded projects in the following sectors including Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Leisure, Education, Industrial, Residential, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Municipal.
- 3 years + experience of setting-out experience
- Engineering degree qualified
- The ideal candidate will be competent in the use of instruments for the purposes of setting out and gathering information, to include total station, GPS and laser level.
- The work will include taking levels for the construction of a structural steel frame, finishing concrete, drainage, services and roadways etc.
- Experience in setting out is essential for this position.
- Management of programme
- Mobilising sub-contractors to site
- Site supervision of various trades and contractors
- Good Health and Safety management and plans
- Check plans and drawings to ensure all calculations are accurate
- Making sure the work performed and materials used are as specified in the contract
- Overseeing quality control measures on the site
- Liaising with subcontractors, clients and other professional staff
- Great benefits package
If you are a Setting-Out Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.