Senior Quantity Surveyor with 7 years + a Main Building Contractor based in Cork. The Contractor has a variety of projects including Commercial and Residential builds, Healthcare, Education and more. The successful Senior QS will report to the Commercial Manager.
- Degree qualified with at least 7 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying.
- QS experience with a main building contractor in Ireland or the UK is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Preparing tender and contract documents.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Excellent salary circa €75k – €85K+
- Top benefits package.
- Excellent career development.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.