Senior Quantity Surveyor with 6 years+’ experience required to join one of Ireland’s leading main building contractors. This Main Contractor has a reputation for delivering high quality, sustainable construction projects across a range of sectors including Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Leisure, Education, Industrial, Residential, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Municipal. The successful Senior QS will report to the Commercial Manager and will have responsibility for the delivery of this leading contractors’ flagship projects.
- Degree qualified with at least 6 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying.
- QS experience with a main building contractor in Ireland is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Excellent salary circa €75k – €85K+
- Top benefits package.
- Excellent career development.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your cv or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.